We are delighted to announce the ten poems on the theme of STRENGTH which have made it onto this year’s Bangor Poetry Competition shortlist. Each poem will be displayed in our online gallery and the winner will be selected by public vote. Each shortlisted poet will be invited to read at the awards ceremony at Bangor Castle on Sunday 2nd October at 3pm which is part of Aspects Literary Festival, where the winner will be announced. Huge congratulations to everyone who made the shortlist and longlist from hundreds of entries, as always, the standard was exceptional. Please come along and join us at the free event: TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE.
Voting for the ten shortlisted poems opens at 5pm on Sunday 25th September 2022 and closes at 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022 on The Bangor Literary Journal Website.
- Richard Lister Wrapped
- Shelley Tracey Things with claws
- Lynda Hewitt Parental physics at an inflatable water park
- Glen Wilson Independence Square, Kyiv
- Meg McCleery How did it ever come to this?
- Maurice Devitt Clearing the House
- Ann-Marie Foster Slammed
- Ross Thompson Field Of Fire
- Kate Ennals An Old Woman on the Deserted Prom at Hardelot Plage
- Pamela McNutt Thran
Helen Kay Title Sequence: Raging Bull
Gaynor Kane St. Patrick’s, Ballymacarrett, Belfast
Glen Wilson Spring, Bondukuy, Burkina Faso
Sven Kretzschmar The poet speaks to her in silence
Siobhán Mc Laughlin What the Water Gave Me