We are delighted to announce the ten poems on the theme of STRENGTH which have made it onto this year’s Bangor Poetry Competition shortlist. Each poem is displayed below in our online gallery and the winner will be selected by public vote. Each shortlisted poet will be invited to read at the awards ceremony at Bangor Castle on Sunday 2nd October at 3pm which is part of Aspects Literary Festival, where the winner will be announced. Please come along and join us at the free event: TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE.
*Voting now CLOSED* Voting for the ten shortlisted poems opens at 5pm on Sunday 25th September 2022 and closes at 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022 on The Bangor Literary Journal Website.
-Read the 10 shortlisted poems.
-Select your first, second and third favourite poems.
-Complete the online voting form at the bottom of the page.
–Votes are strictly one vote per person and a full name, email and postcode is required for your vote to be valid. Your slip will only be counted if you make three different selections- the winner is decided on a points system. First vote= 3 points/ Second vote= 2 points/ Third vote= 1 point.
- Richard Lister Wrapped
- Shelley Tracey Things with claws
- Lynda Hewitt Parental physics at an inflatable water park
- Glen Wilson Independence Square, Kyiv
- Meg McCleery How did it ever come to this?
- Maurice Devitt Clearing the House
- Ann-Marie Foster Slammed
- Ross Thompson Field Of Fire
- Kate Ennals An Old Woman on the Deserted Prom at Hardelot Plage
- Pamela McNutt Thran